We are excited about the Independence Day celebrations and firework displays that are returning to the Triangle this year! Here are some of our picks for where you can celebrate over the holiday weekend.
Saturday, July 3rd:
- 4th of July Laser Light Show at Durham County Memorial Stadium
Saturday & Sunday Evening at 9:00 PM. Free, but reserve your space in advance.
Sunday, July 4th:
- Children’s Independence Day Parade at Durham Central Park
Sunday at 9:30 AM. Kids can decorate their bikes, trikes, wagons and scooters with items from the Scrap Exchange. The parade starts at 10:30 a.m.
- Fireworks after Durham Bulls Game
The game starts at 6:05 and the fireworks will start at approximately 9:15 p.m.
- 72nd Annual Watts-Hillandale Fourth of July parade and Celebration at Oval Drive Park, 2200 W. Club Boulevard
Enjoy Durham’s oldest Independence Day celebration at this parade!
- Festival for the Eno at Eno River
This annual festival with music, nature, and fun returns July 3rd and 4th, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. Adult one-day tickets are $25.
- Chapel Hill’s 4th of July fireworks celebration at Southern Community Park, 1000 Sumac Road
Parking begins at 7:00 with the display beginning after 9:00 PM.
- The City of Raleigh will launch a 4th of July fireworks show near the Carter-Finley Stadium and PNC Arena Complex
Parking is free in the PNC Arena lots, North Carolina State Fairgrounds Bunn Field lots along Trinity Road, and Carter-Finley Stadium lots.
- Independence Day Celebration at the North Carolina State Capitol at 1 E. Endenton Street
Head to downtown Raleigh from 12:00 – 3:00 PM for this event that includes a reading from the Declaration of Independence, wreath laying at the George Washington monument by the Sons of the American Revolution, music by Cary Concert Band, and self-guided tours of the Capitol Building.